Over 25 years' experience performing both technical and creative writing and editorial tasks. In academic settings, this included the preparation of scholarly works and the development of instructional materials. In business, it has involved the design and publication of technical and instructional manuals and booklets.
- Keyboard by touch with speed and accuracy, utilizing MS Office applications to include word processing on Windows XP platform;
- Bilingual, English/Spanish, with strong, practical insight into both Hispanic and Asian cultures and mindsets;
- Strong, practical business and academic background in language and letters, including the exercise of high caliber knowledge of the structure and content of the English language;
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML and other aspects of front-end markup coding with ability to successfully analyze and interpret raw data for web content presentation;
- Working knowledge of professional documentation standards, such as the MLA and Chicago style sheets.
Wrote middle and high school level texts to include expository composition skills and English as a Second Language;
Wrote syllabi and instructional materials in traditional formats;
Developed coursework materials and learning programs as an adjunct to teaching duties and in accordance with given standards and objectives.
Developed and implemented systems and procedures manuals for the documentation of (1) the financial reporting process (i.e., STAT, GAAP, and TAX valuation of insurance reserves) and (2) new product development, including profit analyses (pricing), compliance requirements, and product administration;
Wrote agents' field manual to explain proper state-by-state replacement of life insurance and solicitation practices. Wrote and edited new contracts (insurance policies), riders, and marketing materials.
Wrote corporate administrative manual, to include billing and collection procedures, for physicians engaged in the practice of industrial (orthopaedic) medicine;
Wrote copy for technical marketing materials, to include the presentation of complicated laboratory testing, targeted to medical professionals.
Bachelor of Arts, with Distinction, English Literature, PURDUE UNIVERSITY
Master of Arts, Secondary Education, NEW YORK UNIVERSITY
Certified Teacher of Secondary English, State of New York
|TEACHERTRAINER||COMPOSITION AND RHETORIC|