1. New Lincoln School, New York City Private School, Spring Term, 1966; Tenth Grade, American Literature; Mr. Edwin Farrell, Student Teaching Master Teacher/Coordinator; Prof. Robert E. Clausen, New York University Program Advisor.
2. Belmont J.H.S. 64, New York City Public Schools, Brooklyn, New York; 09/66 - 01/67; Grade 8, Language Arts and Reading; Lazarus Braffman, Principal.
3. Lycee Francais de New York, 505 E. 75th Street, New York, NY 10021; 02/67 - 06/68; Grades 6, 10, 12, English Grammar and Composition; Pierre Brodin, Director (now Mr. Yves Theze); Contact Antoinette Casanova, HR (212) 439-3828.
4. William Cowper IS 73 Queens, NYC Public Schools, 70-02 54th Avenue, Maspeth, Queens, New York; 09/68 - 06/69; Middle School, Language Arts and Typing; Jacob Ornstein, Principal (later, Patricia Ruddy); (718) 639-1747.
5. St. Hilda's and St. Hugh's School, 619 W. 114th St., New York, NY; 09/69 - 06/70; Grades 10, 11, and 12, English and English Dept. Chairman; Rev. Mother Ruth, Director (now Virginia Connor); (212) 932-1980.
6. Colegio Universitario del Sagrado Corazon, POB 12383, Loiza Station, Santurce, PR 00914; 08/70 - 05/72, New York University Teaching Fellow; Basic English, Freshman; Literature and Composition, Upper Divisions; Jacqueline Heflin, Dept. Chairperson (now deceased); Contact Sol A. Gomila Cordero, Assistant Director, HR (809) 728-1515.
7. Mililani High School, State of Hawaii, Department of Education, 95-1200 Meheula Parkway, Mililani, Hawaii 96789 (808) 627-7747, Teacher of Spanish, Grades 10-12, Intermediate and Advanced, Mr. Robert Ginlack, Principal.
1. PURDUE UNIVERSITY, B.A., with Distinction, 1965, English Literature
2. NEW YORK UNIVERSITY, M.A., 1967, Secondary Education
3. New York State Teaching Credential, Permanent, English, 7-12
A. ASIA. From 06/2000 through 05/2001, completed assignments at the following schools in the Republic of South Korea:
1. Oe Dae Language Institute, Anna Jun, Academic Director, Songwon Building, 5th and 6th Floors, Kaegum 2-dong, Pusanjingu, Pusan, South Korea. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; (82) 051 896-0582; Cell (82) (17) 553-9523 FAX 896-0430, Instructor of English as a Second Language, Elementary and Middle.
2. Let's Go Kid English, Kyonggi-do, Uiwang-shi City, Hung, Myong-Sang Ga Building, Ojeong-dong 109, 2nd Floor, #205, Seoul, South Korea; Regis. #123-90-91300, Director: Sang Jong Lee. Email: email@example.com, (82) 31 452-0567 Cell(82) (19) 240-1574, Instructor of English as a Second Language, Elementary and Middle.
B. MEXICO. From 08/87 through the 1990's, I returned to Puerto Rico to gain experience in teaching English as a Second Language and to improve my own Spanish skills. I later accepted various positions in independent schools in the Republic of Mexico. The following highlights some of the more important of those Puerto Rican and Mexican institutions:
1. Academia Menonita, Calle Collins Esq. Asomante, Summit Hills, Caparra Heights, Puerto Rico 00920. (809) 783-1295. At that time, English Department Chairperson was a Carol Glick, and I taught English as a Second Language to Grades 10 through 12.
2. Colegio San Jose, POB 21300, Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico. (809) 751-8177. Fr. Joaquin Suarez was principal of the Middle School where I taught ESL at the junior high school level.
3. Instituto Tecnico Comercial Junior College, GPO 2527, San Juan, Puerto Rico 00936. (809) 767-4323. I completed my stint in Puerto Rico by teaching ESL to adult secretarial students during the quarter of 03/88 through 05/88. Dean of Academic Studies was Pedro Hernandez Martir.
4. Mexican-American Institute, located in Col. Industrial Vallejo, in northern Mexico City. From 04/93 through 04/94, I taught both juveniles and adults conversational English. In addition, I taught TOEFL exam classes and launched a teacher training program.
5. Instituto Tecnico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, Mexico City campus where I taught basic freshman English.
6. Ingles Individual, a chain school based in Chihuahua City. I worked at the franchise located in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico.
1. Sacred Heart College, Sol A. Gomila Cordero (809) 728-1515.
2. Lycee Francais de New York, Antoinette Casanova, Human Resources (212) 439-3828.
3. William Cowper Junior High School 73, Patricia Ruddy, Principal (or current principal) (718) 639-1747.
4. John Brummel, Ph.D., Acting Principal, Mililani High School, Mililani, Hawaii (808) 627-7747.
5. Andrea Moore, Curriculum Coordinator, Mililani High School, Mililani, Hawaii (808) 627-7747 FAX (808) 627-7375.
8231 E. Orange Blossom Lane, Scottsdale, AZ 85250 (480) 947-0473
|TEACHER/TRAINER||PERSONAL PROFILE||COMPOSITION AND RHETORIC|